Coffey & Company
Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
A highly reputable and respected Baltimore area commercial insurance service provider with remarkable retention rates is seeking an experienced Account Manager to help manage their growing client base. If you are looking to join a dynamic and highly respected team with unquestioned integrity that provides high caliber insurance solutions to commercial clients, this position may be for you! The qualified candidate will be a strong and proven Account Manager who has experience managing commercial accounts and building deep relationships to help provide a full array of quality insurance solutions.
Job Summary for the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
The primary function of this position is to provide best in class account management services by working with existing and prospective accounts to fully understand their business needs and provide appropriate insurance solutions to mitigate risk. This will be achieved through maintaining regular contact with clients to ensure proper insurance solutions are in place as business needs change.
Essential Functions of the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
· Attend regularly scheduled service meetings to review performance with clients.
· Maintain high level service standards established by the company.
· Perform loss analysis calculations and monitor performance for each client and react accordingly.
· Evaluate alternative insurance solutions and recommend appropriate solutions.
· Review proposals presented by carriers to assure adequacy and appropriateness of coverage.
· Negotiate with carriers as necessary to assure appropriate rates are provided.
· Work with referrals of prospective clients to provide quality insurance solutions and close new clients.
· Review and track claims filed by accounts under management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities of the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
· Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Passionate and enthusiastic approach to business.
· Unquestionable ethical standards.
· Ability to multi‐task effectively and prioritize customer issues.
· High level of professionalism and a courteous demeanor.
· Strong resilience, persistence and tenacity.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· High level of diplomacy.
· Strong time management skills.
Training and Experience Requirements for the Account Manager – Commercial Insurance
· College degree preferred.
· Property & Casualty license (Life & Health a plus)
· Minimum of 3 years, preferably more of commercial P&C insurance experience, including accounts with
$100k+ of annual premium.
· CISR, CIC, CPCU a plus
· Experience in wide array of coverages ‐ General liability, Auto, Work Comp, Umbrella (Experience with
Employment Practices Liability, Employment Liability, D&O and Cyber a plus)
· Proven track record of success and work stability.