I’ve always been fascinated by how many people wake up in a bad mood every morning and just accept this as reality. Not only is this unfortunate for them but it is also a bummer for everyone else around them. What a sad way to start your day. You can either take energy from or give energy to the people around you. You can make them feel better or make them feel worse or make them feel nothing at all. This is especially true for people who lead others.
You get to choose your mood. It doesn’t choose you. Sometimes this may be more work than you’d like, but it is always the truth. If you don’t believe me, make a conscious choice today to be happy. Look for the good in all people and try to find the positive in all situations. Force yourself to smile and greet people warmly. Don’t get sidetracked by bumps in the road, but instead hop over them. If you stick to this attitude for just one hour, you’ll find it gets easier and you’ll also begin to feel better about your day(s).
- What Are Mood Swings and How To Manage Them (centerstone.org)
- How to Turn Around a Bad Day (becomeabetteryouin365days.com)
- Snap Out Of That Bad Mood If You Want To Succeed (sanderssays.typepad.com)
- Mood Swing Alert! (spilledcookies.com)
- Why Attitude is so Important (miss-imperfect.com)